Friday, March 16, 2012

Avalanche

It's after midnight and I have a million and one things I SHOULD be doing but this is what I WANT to do. To write. To string some words together and hope they make sense. To try to slow down the avalanche of thoughts falling out of my brain.

In less than 36 hours we will load up the Quest and drive thousands of miles to see Big Yankee. It's been 49 days since Peanut screamed "Don't leave Daddy! Don't leave" as we unloaded his bags at the airport. We have been counting down the days for quite some time. Now that it is almost time, it seems a bit surreal.

Between our three house showings (YEAH!!) and 10 zillion errands today, I've been making laundry my bitch and packing like a BOSS. It's times like these you realize none of your children have enough clothing to go a week without doing laundry.

Also, it's hard to find size 5T pants at Target in March. Lucky for me, StinkBug prefers to live in his shorty pajamas and fireman boots. His one request as I packed, "Make sure you pack my Buzz Lightyear underwear to match my pajamas."

If I were a planner, I would have posts scheduled to publish as I journey across our great nation. In order to do that, I would have to complete ANY of the 47 drafts I have started. Since we all know this didn't happen, you can expect sporadic posts at best.

4 comments:

@dkotucker said...

I feel a little silly writing a comment to someone I barely know. Yet somehow I just want to say how much I admire all I've read about you and your family's challenges living apart, your positive outlook and mostly your sense of humour. I wish you nothing but the best and a safe journey to your new home with Big Yankee.

BTW...PJ's and fireman boots are perfect travelling wear.

Take care and safe travels!

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

Do it however you can get it done!! Just get there and get there safely!!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! HAVE FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you get to go visit! Gymboree has been having monster sales lately. I say place an order and have it delivered to Big Yankee. Clothes can be waiting for you there. ;)

Emily said...

WEll, at least his underwear's matching! :-)

Enjoy your trip!