Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stream of Consciousness Sunday with Fadra was one of the first link-ups I participated in. I love that she added optional prompts and this week it is right up my alley.

Today’s Writing Prompt: What are the things in your life right now that you just don’t want to do?
I just don't wanna........
1. Clean the house for yet another showing. It is impossible to live here with 3 monkeys and keep it show ready every minute of every day. Don't get me wrong, I DESPERATELY want our house to sell, I just don't want to have to spend every waking moment keeping it show ready.
2. Pack. We have approximately 8 weeks left in our and the boxes aren't going to pack themselves. But packing makes the move more real and even though we are counting the hours until our family will be whole again, packing boxes means we are one step closer to saying goodbye.
3. Clip my toenails. I don't like feet. I have an unhealthy aversion normal dislike of them. I put this off until my knife-like claws endanger someone's life.
4. Wash my car. I've never been a fan of car washes. I WANT a sparkling clean Quest I just don't want to be the person who actually does it. And after a 3000 mile, five state road trip there is plenty of washing to be done.
5. Take sleep meds every night in order to get some sleep. But I can't afford to be a zombie mombie as the only parent in residence. I am giving Melatonin a whirl and telling myself that it is a natural supplement and thus not as bad for me.
6. Clean out the grill several times a day. We have a family of birds that is quite insistent on taking up residence. They are constantly trying to build a nest. This means there is bird crap all over our deck..not exactly a must have for potential home buyers. One year they managed to build a fancy, schmancy nest and laid eggs. Needless to say it was a VERY LONG SUMMER without our grill.
7. Try on my summer clothes. It's been a long winter and it's possible I added a layer or seven of fat to prepare for hibernation.

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.



13 comments:

a.eye said...

We've been trying to sell this house for years (crazy!) and for the past 6 months, it has had to remain show ready. I don't have kids, but I do get lazy sometimes. Unfortunately, that has meant that some times we have had to deny last minute shows sometimes. Now we are also having to pack up and move by 4 weeks. Packing definitely makes it real and real annoying!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I dread that first break in the weather as much as I welcome. It comes on a day that I am totally not prepared to see what I can fit. Good luck with the packing.

Steph R said...

I don't NOT envy you! I absolutely dread packing. Almost worse than cleaning.
As for the summer clothes, Im not even bothering to pull mine out anytime soon, its not going to be pretty. I guess we can hope for mild weather a little longer right?

Unknown said...

We must be soulmates--I hate feet too, but especially my own!

We moved 3 years ago and it was hellish for a few months. Just keep drinking some wine and telling yourself it will be over soon.

And my minivan is so nasty. Lots of old snacks lurking under carseats, hiding in all the nooks and crannies, etc...blerg.

p.s. found you at Fadra's!

Brandi said...

I don't like to wash the car either. My husband and I were talking about it, and it's been a year since it's been through the car wash. Crazy I know. :)

Good luck packing, and keeping your house show ready! :)

Erin O'Riordan said...

All of those things would annoy me, too.

Robbie K said...

It's easy to get lazy and exhausting to keep a place show ready. good luck with your move1

Robbie K said...

I love the warmer weather but hate that reminder of how far I've let myself go when I try on a pair of shorts.

Robbie K said...

PAcking sucks...especially with the "help" of 3 kids. I;m all for milder weather a little longer..then I can put off shaving my legs!

Robbie K said...

I am so there on the feet. I don't mind other people's feet. I don't want them all over me but I don't have to shield my eyes when the masses are barefoot.

Robbie K said...

Washing a car is such a pain isn't it? i can't actually remember the last time it was washed. If it got dirty enough hubs would take care of it but he's not here now so I drive around a dirt-mobile.

Robbie K said...

Yes..I have very little motivation to do any of them!

Kimberly said...

I'm not a fan of any of those either!