Friday, November 2, 2012

How to Waste Time Sans Kids

Last week Big Yankee took the kids fishing and hiking which means I had three hours to myself!! One hundred and eighty glorious kid free minutes. I was overwhelmed with my options. Three hours is eternity in mom years.

How did I spend it you might wonder?

1. Made bed

2. Folded Laundry.

3. Started another load of laundry

4. Picked up comforters, blankets and pillows from living room slumber party the previous night.

5. Loaded dishwasher.

6. Peed by myself w/o having to scream "I'm in the bathroom!"

7. Sixty minutes on the treadmill at the Y.

8. Impromptu grocery stop sans list...it went exactly as you might expect.

9.Wondered WTH pomegranates are so freaking expensive.

10. Put groceries away and discover we now have 3 jars of Nutella.

11. Checked Twitter.

12. Checked BitchSlap FaceBook.

13. Wrote SOC post.

14. Ate a bagel with cream cheese.

15. Fifteen minute pointless phone conversation with co-worker-wasted time I will never get back

16. Returned phone call and made plans to meet friend at Open Swim.

17. Ate a Reese's peanut butter cup.

18. Started another load of laundry.

19. Internal debate about whether I should shave my legs pre-swim.

20. Checked and respond to a few emails.

21. Called Big Yankee to determine their ETA.

22. Peed by myself AGAIN-just because I can.

23. Ate a spoonful of raw cookie dough because it was SCREAMING my name.

24. Remembered that my 25th high school reunion is 8 months away.

25. Consulted calender to see if I can make it to Y tomorrow.

26. Heard garage door opener and wondered how one hundred eighty kid free minutes passed so quickly.


What do you do when kid free time falls into your lap?

I miss my crew in the Land of Yeah Write and I NEED some blogging mojo. As usual, Erica has come up with a wonderful idea to support writers and has a NaBloPoMo grid going on. Check out Yeah Write and join the awesome.

10 comments:

Christine said...

I've never had 30 minutes, let alone 180 minutes, in my house by myself. I see myself doing absolutely nothing if it were to ever happen.

@dkotucker said...

Wow...you are efficient!!! Going to the bathroom by yourself cracked me up. Funny how that becomes a luxury after kids. :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful 180 minutes!

Unknown said...

LOL! 180 kid-free minutes -- I'm so envious! ;)

Treading Water in the Kiddie Pool said...

I love this, especially number 22! So glad I get to read a post from you every day this month!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits said...

Yay Robbie, we're columnies on the grid! I love that peeing by your self made your list more than once!

Unknown said...

*yourself, gah! need more coffee..

Robbie K said...

It was glorious and much deserved as I keep reminding Big Yankee.

Robbie K said...

I's the little things....:)

Robbie K said...

It was amazing! I would have thought as my kids got older I would pee by myself more often but it's like they have a radar....

Robbie K said...

Doing nothing was soo incredibly tempting.