Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend highlights

-I made a Target run with a friend sans children. It was kinda like going to the bar except we didn't get carded, nobody bought us drinks and the only person checking us out was Doreen in Lane 11. And frankly I'm just not that into her.

-I exchanged a package of socks for Peanut. The girl is down to 3 pair of socks- that combined with sensory issues makes for some excitement. After much debate and a phone consultation we opted for the no show days of the week with polka dots package. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when they passed her stringent 1743 point checklist.

- I spent hours dicing, mincing, simmering, braising,blanching, and poaching a gourmet meal tossed a 4.99 frozen pizza in the oven Friday night and ate it for every meal all weekend long.


- On Friday I loaded up loaner kids +1 StinkBug and retrieved Einstein and Peanut from school. I did not leave the house for the next 50 hours.

-I spent three days as a single mom to 5 children-my three + an 18 month old and 3 1/2 yr old.

-I spent three days hiding from 5 children.

-I attended a fancy wine tasting, met famous people who were impressed with my wit and sass and signed a book deal drank 2 glasses of wine in bed while being entertained by my great friends Sam, Diane, Carla, Coach, Norm and Cliff Claven.


- I ignored the playroom of exploding toys cleaned out 2 kid closets and 1 hall closet.

Now please, contain your jealousy and share the highlights of your weekend.

3 comments:

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

I love all of the crossing out you did! I was cracking up! Sounds like you need a rest after that weekend!

Robbie K said...

Thanks! AS you may have noticed I recently discovered how to cross out (I am tech savy like that) and I may overuse it but it makes me lol so I do it anyways!

Shell said...

Cracking up at your Target experience.