Friday, December 9, 2011

Dear Monkeys,

I am sorry for our current situation.

I am sorry that you have to settle for a good night phone call from Daddy every night rather than a good night hug.

I am sorry that Daddy won't be able to see you in your first band concert.

I am sorry that I am the only parent here for you right now and I know I am not enough.

I am sorry that I am sick and can't take care of you the way you need right now.

I am sorry that I fed you cereal and ramen noodles for dinner last night because it is all I had the energy to make.

I am sorry if  I am nagging you about cleaning up the rocks on the front walk when I should be sharing in the excitement of your discoveries. It's just that I want our house to have curb appeal, so it will sell so we can all live together again.

I'm sorry if I forgot the tooth fairy 2 nights in a row. I am sorry I am the reason for your disappointment and cause you to question your belief.

I'm sorry I parked you in front of the tv to watch Barnyard for the 100th time so I could climb into bed and try to sleep.

I'm sorry the breathing treatment gave me the shakes so bad that I had to keep telling you "not right now" when you wanted to teach me how to make an oragami boat.

I'm sorry I expect too much sometimes and give too little.

I love you the purplest and am doing the best I can with what I have right now. Please be patient.


Love,
Momma

3 comments:

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

Oh my goodness, Robbie. They know, I know you are in the moment right now but they know how much you love them and want all of you under one roof with Big Yankee. And ya know what, I give my kids ramen noodles on a good day. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have a lot to take care of on an every day basis without your hubby by your side. Much love & I hope you truly take care of yourself. Bronchitis is a hard illness to bounce back from if you don't.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. My thoughts are with you.

2 Boys' Mom said...

My boys have to settle for phone calls too sometimes. And there's no one there when all you want to do is hide under the covers and sleep for days. I live it too. So sorry you are sick right now. Praying!!