After thirteen glorious years of marriage my hunky husband, Big Yankee, only wishes he could say these compliments to me out loud.
- I love the way you let the mail and kid's school papers clutter up the kitchen counter and then somehow it's my fault when you can't find shit.
- I love how you manage to fill your mini van with broken pretzels, empty coke bottles, dirty socks, hardened English muffins and the smell of despair.
- The way you let the sink fill up with dirty dishes so I can spend quality time with the dishwasher is extremely thoughtful and selfless. I only wish you would do it more often.
- I love that you leave your gnarly long curly hair tangled up in the shower drain. And the way you "pretend" you forgot to clean it out? It's so damn endearing. Really.
- Sweetie, I just love it when you piss and moan about something/someone for hours on end. The way you won't let it go is positively enchanting.
- You know that thing you do when I try to teach you something about using the tv remote/computer? The way you ignore me and offer up excuses? Keep doing it. It's not the least bit frustrating.
- You have perfected the art of losing important stuff. The garage door opener, phone and debit cards come to mind.
- When I find you sitting on the sofa in your oversize pink sock monkey pajama pants, cheese dripping off your chin, tortilla chip crumbs clinging to your lips and I think
- Your total lack of interest in all things football is adorable. Stomping around, heavy sighs and "how much longer until the game ends" said through your gritted teeth adds to the magic of our love.
- I love the way you respond to a suggestion I make. The strength with which you slam down the knife, throw the onion at me and
***This post received the Big Yankee Seal of