1. I am always looking for a reason to rock BIG HAIR!
2. Some people might think it is procrastination but I'd like to think we have established a tradition of carving the pumpkins on Halloween.
3. I was devastated when I discovered we had no garlic salt for our roasted pumpkin seeds so I used cajun seasoning from a popular Oklahoma eatery. They were delicious!
4. Big Yankee made it home from work in time to take the two younger kiddos trick or treating.
5. Einstein spent the evening at a corn maze with a roving pack of twelve year old boys. We didn't get any phone calls from law enforcement or the emergency room so I am calling it a win.
6. I bought an enormous bag of candy that repulses me so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the leftovers.
7. I also bought an enormous bag of my favorite Reese's combo so I could eat it all.
8. I had the house to myself and watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" while passing out candy.
9. I happened to have an extra 30 pack of Capri Suns in my van when I volunteered at StinkBug's class Halloween Party which came in handy when the parent who had signed up to bring drinks was a no show.
10. Our school district was brilliant when they planned a teacher work day on November 1st. No school meant over tired candy hoarders were able to sleep in.