Friday, February 28, 2014

Survival

I don't know if you even noticed but I haven't been writing. 

At least not here. The writing in my head? Well that is on a constant loop.

Honestly I didn't realize how long it had been until I hit the "new post" button three seconds ago.

I'm just trying to survive. Some minutes, some hours it even seems manageable. And then I look at a photo or find the last Christmas card she wrote to me and I spiral. 

I've perfected the art of the gut-wrenching, soul-sucking, crying my eyes out silently while laying in the bottom bunk next to my sweet seven year old boy.

I had to rush out of an old fashioned soda fountain and candy store a few weeks ago. My daughter was eating a banana split. Mom loved banana splits.


6 comments:

Tamara Camera said...

Of course I noticed!
My friend lost her mother this week - peacefully in her arms, but I know there's a long journey of neverending grief in store for her.
I'm thinking about putting cookies and toys for her kids on her front porch.
Wish I could do the same for you!

Diane said...

Sending hugs and prayers, my friend. Grief is a ferocious monster, I know.

One day at a time...

Jennifer Hall said...

Oh Robbie.... All I can offer you is big, squishy virtual hugs. And say that it's OK. Move through your grief as it hits you and be kind to yourself.

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Robbie! Take your time to grief and cry and do everything you need to do. Hugs to you!!

Unknown said...

Hang in there. I am thinking about you.

Roaen said...

so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through.:-( sending you a virtual hug.