Friday, October 10, 2014

Cutting Slack

It is finally Friday and I would be jumping up and down if I had the energy and if I wasn't such a klutz. It seems that spraining one's ankle nearly forty-three times in the last twenty years is enough to classify a person as jumping challenged. It has been a busy week, much like 99.9% of the other weeks in my life. I am overwhelmed. I am eating Ramen Noodles for lunch if that gives you any indication of my overwhelmedness.

The working full time, going to school full time, parenting three busy kids gig is wearing on me. It seems the house we moved into over two months ago is neither self unpacking or self decorating. We've been SCAMMED! 

In talking with my adviser this morning she told me I need to quit beating myself up about what I HAVEN'T done and suggested I cut myself some slack- which led me to create the following list of some things I DID accomplish this week:

1. Managed to get out of bed for the past five days.

2. Made a mad dash to the store as 7:13 am on Tuesday when it came to my attention that we were out of milk.

3. Attended Math Night with my 2nd grader.

4. FINALLY went to the post office to mail mileage reimbursement forms from July and August.

5. Made a grocery list. 

6. Showered every day.

7. Removed some trash from my minivan.

8. Transported kids to piano lessons.

9. Packed 15 school lunches.

10. Supervised too much damn homework.

11. Drank 100 oz of Coca-Cola.

12. Researched ideas on Pineterest for Big haired non slutty Halloween costumes. <<ideas welcome

13. Lost my important notebook.

14. Texted my out of state long time BFF about missing important notebook.

15. Fed my family 4 home cooked meals.

16. Forgot to take out the trash.

17. Submitted a class assignment I have been working on for waAAY too long.

18. Ate raw cookie dough.

19. Scheduled a walk with a friend.

20. Participated in a work conference call where someone in the background yelled "Shut the F&*K Up!" to their 14 yapping dogs and no one acknowledged.

21. Found my important notebook.

22. Took my eleven year old daughter to get her teeth pulled.

23. Drove several people to two different schools and even remembered to pick them up.

24. Welcomed Axe spraying, video-gaming, pantry raiding packs of thirteen year old boys into my home.

25. Found my important notebook.


What have you accomplished this week?

4 comments:

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

Your no. 21 and 25 are identical :-) Getting out of bed is definitely an accomplishment. I woke up a week ago, and the house was empty except me and the baby. And it was 8:30. Obviously, I had slept through the alarm, hubby helping the girls to get ready, and leaving the house. He claimed that I was doing my part by taking care of the baby. I still felt like the total loser-mom.. Have a great week, Robbie, and try to take it as easy as possible!!

Alison said...

I think the fact that you got out of bed and took a shower daily is amazing :)

Robbie K said...

I fantasize about sleeping in an empty house. I guess my important notebook was extremely important on this day...ha!

Robbie K said...

@Alison Since my kids are school age and I WOH most days showering daily SHOULD be a given...but there are those days....