Thursday, March 17, 2011

How did I get here?

I have been writing in my head for as long as I can remember..and usually when I am doing something else...multi tasker (aka undiagnosed ADHD) that I am. But have you ever tried to edit your brain, much less get it published? I am here to tell you that it's pretty much Impossible with a CAPITAL I. I've made a feeble attempt at blogging in the past but I just cannot seem to stay focused (that attention thing gets me every time). Heck I can't even remember the names of my previous blogs! This is unfortunate because I'd like to think they were at least mildly amusing and with few grammatical errors.

There's a whole bunch of back story about how I got here but it's much too detailed for this very moment. For now we will go with the abridged version. I am married to Big Yankee and we have three sarcastic, hilarious, creative children. We live in two different states and have for the past five months. I'm not gonna lie to you..IT SUCKS!

Last fall my husband moved out and took Stink Bug (our then 3 year old son) with him. He moved to another state for a better job. It pretty much happened overnight. He interviewed on Thursday, was offered the position on Friday and started working there on Tuesday. We formulated a fabulous plan for a seamless transition. This was a complete and utter waste of time because it all went to hell!

As heartbreaking as it was to be away from StinkBug for 5 days at a time it was logistically impossible for me to have all three kids here. I am a FT WOHM with very little flexibility in my hours.  Now you are probably asking yourself why doesn't she just quit working? Well sure I could have resigned but we had grown accustomed to food, shelter, clothing and all the luxuries of our life. I needed to be able to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table and it was only going to be for a little while..AS IF!

Tune in tomorrow for Part II

No comments: