Today is the day I try to be the fun mom. The one who is thrilled to create magical memories and do fun holiday type activities. We are making oreo balls and salt dough ornaments today if it kills me. I had grand plans to do these activities yesterday but I just felt suffocated. It is so much damn work and really not all that fun for me. I was talking with a friend yesterday that neither one of us knows what fun truly is anymore. She works ALL THE DAMN TIME. Seriously she does 12 hour days and then classes for her Master's degree. Me? I parent ALL THE DAMN TIME. I went to the store for about 15 minutes by myself on Saturday to get cookie supplies. That is the first time since Thanksgiving that I have been without children. I NEED A BREAK. Even though WOH could be crazy chaotic and exhausting at least it was a break from my kids...never mind the face that as a pre-k teacher I was still tending to the needs of other people's kids all day long. But I left my house and I interacted with other adults. I desperately want to create magical memories of togtherness and cool activities.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.