Stream of Consciousness Sunday with Fadra was one of the first link-ups I participated in. I love that she added optional prompts and this week it is right up my alley.
Today’s Writing Prompt: What are the things in your life right now that you just don’t want to do?
I just don't wanna........
1. Clean the house for yet another showing. It is impossible to live here with 3 monkeys and keep it show ready every minute of every day. Don't get me wrong, I DESPERATELY want our house to sell, I just don't want to have to spend every waking moment keeping it show ready.
2. Pack. We have approximately 8 weeks left in our and the boxes aren't going to pack themselves. But packing makes the move more real and even though we are counting the hours until our family will be whole again, packing boxes means we are one step closer to saying goodbye.
3. Clip my toenails. I don't like feet. I have
an unhealthy aversion normal dislike of them. I put this off until my knife-like claws endanger someone's life.
4. Wash my car. I've never been a fan of car washes. I WANT a sparkling clean Quest I just don't want to be the person who actually does it. And after a 3000 mile, five state road trip there is plenty of washing to be done.
5. Take sleep meds every night in order to get some sleep. But I can't afford to be a zombie mombie as the only parent in residence. I am giving Melatonin a whirl and telling myself that it is a natural supplement and thus not as bad for me.
6. Clean out the grill several times a day. We have a family of birds that is quite insistent on taking up residence. They are constantly trying to build a nest. This means there is bird crap all over our deck..not exactly a must have for potential home buyers. One year they managed to build a fancy, schmancy nest and laid eggs. Needless to say it was a VERY LONG SUMMER without our grill.
7. Try on my summer clothes. It's been a long winter and it's possible I added a layer
or seven of fat to prepare for hibernation.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.