It's been a crazy ride these last few weeks. Fourteen days ago we pulled up in our driveway ready to begin our new life here. I love the house and if it had a few more rooms we might consider buying it. We didn't make it here with all our stuff and it feels a bit like playing house and a bit like a game show destined for failure. Which box contains my work clothes? Do we have any pots and pans? Should we buy all new trash cans/lamps or suck it up for a few more weeks?
I'm too distracted to write and yet I feel a bit like a caged animal because I haven't been writing. The kids have been amazingly patient when they ask for something and we tell them "it's in storage." We see signs of many children in the neighborhood but haven't met any yet. This is such a HUGE change as they are use to running in and out of their friend's houses for hours and hours and hours every day. They miss walking around the pond, playing at the park behind our house and swimming at our neighborhood pool.
They are happy here. They live with their Daddy again. We are happy here but it's not always easy to start over again.
Even if you want to.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.