Monday, August 6, 2012

Strapping on the Feedbag

I love a good party and a dinner party is even better. Of course, I'd have a staff to clean and serve for me. And Stacy and Clinton will take me shopping for the perfect outfit. It goes without saying that I'll have sassy hair and exsquisite make-up.There will be tons of great appetizers and the wine will flow freely. Stasha asked us to invite ten people dead or alive (Bon Jovi anyone) to dine with us. The following folks should be looking for their e-vite.


Amy Pohler and I are both Libras. In high school I worked at Parks and Recreation and she stars in the show Parks and Recreation. Exactly the same. Her parents are teachers as are mine. Ok, I'll 'fess up-we're really sisters and mom made me invite her.



Ellen invited me to a taping of her show back when I lived in California and she is constantly harassing me to invite her to one of my infamous dinner parties. I'm not letting her inside until she hands over my free t-shirt.


Will Ferrell because someone has to say grace a la Talladega Nights.


Steve Carrell will bring the funny and some copier paper because my copier paper supply is dangerously low.




Tanya Tucker will beg me to sing a duet of Delta Dawn with her. Guaranteed.




Tina Fey will cause me to spew out my wine...hopefully not in anyone's face!




Larry David because Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm.




I don't care how old he is-George Strait still gives me the screaming thigh sweats.



Eric Stonestreet AKA Cam from Modern Family will be the perfect guest.




Christina Applegate is a hoot and adorable too!


Who would belly up to the table at your ultimate dinner party?






25 comments:

@dkotucker said...

Delta Dawn....oh yah baby!!! Can I be a backup singer/dancer??? :D

I have a feeling your cheeks will be hurting for months afterwards. Great list!

Bridget said...

I'd definitely come to this dinner party!

kimberly said...

Oh yes, the preferable Baby Jesus to grown-up Jesus. "...dear 8lb. 6 oz. Baby Jesus....dear baby God, Amen." What a brilliantly fun guest list. Can we add Zach Galifianakis?

Unknown said...

And all of us bloggers b/c I'm definitely showing up to your party (and can I come shopping too? I need something new to wear!)

Diane said...

Now that's my kind of dinner party. I'll be looking for my evite.;)

Rachee said...

LOL!
Will Ferrell's grace in Taladega Nights is my guilty pleasure. What the heck is "the screaming thigh sweats?" Whatever it is, I find that hilarious!
-r

Recovering Supermom said...

Wow...screaming thigh sweats??? That sounds intense! :) I'm curious, are you going to put Amy P and Tina F next to each other or separate? I bet everyone will leave your party with stitches in their sides from laughing so much. Which is the best kind of dinner party!

LA Botchar said...

I so want an invite to your hilarious dinner party. I am a bit fearful that I will simply be snorting my wine and guffawing like a mad hatter due to all the funny people in attendance.
but, that would be fun too, right? :)

Whoa! Susannah (Formerly Write, Rinse, Repeat) said...

Screaming thigh sweats, lol.

Robbie K said...

Of course you can sing with us!! DO you know What's Your Mama's Name? I saw Tanya in concert in April..was my 2nd time!

Robbie K said...

Great I'll add you to the list.

Robbie K said...

Zach should definitely be invited. You want to give him a call for me.

Robbie K said...

It goes without saying that al ya'll bloggers are invited. We will have a blast shopping.

Robbie K said...

Your evite was just sent so we'll be expecting you. Who would you liek to sit by?

Robbie K said...

I desperately need to watch the movie again. Screaming thigh sweats--you know getting all hot and bothered ;)

Robbie K said...

It is intense :)

I might need some help on seating arrangements. Are you willing and able?

Robbie K said...

Of course you are invited! Snorting wine is part of your charm I'm sure :)

Robbie K said...

A phrase coined in high school that I think should be mainstreamed. Wouldn't you agree?

Stasha said...

This looks like a fun dinner. Can I come? I will bring wine. PS I had to google George :)

Unknown said...

I swear to you, if I had not gone off topic with Listicles this week, my dinner guest list would look exactly like yours. The ladies of SNL, Ferrell and Carrell...it would be the funniest dinner party of all time.
PS, in college, whenever I'd have a few too many, I'd sit in the dorm stairwell and belt out "Delta Dawn" lyrics as loud as I could :)

Mamarific said...

Oh, please invite me, too! :) I love your choices, and I would add Jack Black to the list.

Robbie K said...

Of course you are invited and Jack too!

Robbie K said...

I Love you. I am sure Tanya would want both of us to sing with her.

Robbie K said...

Of course you are invited! If it weren't for you I wouldn't be having this dinner party. Also I will forgive you for not knowing George. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about > "Strapping on the Feedbag" < Liked it!

Feel free to surf to my web blog: insomnia treatment
Also see my page > insomnia causes