Sunday, August 5, 2012

Long Live Summer

I don't have a fabulously complicated, amazing camera.


I lack professional photography skills.


Yet, I don't allow my lack of equipment or skills to keep me from being a picture taking fanatic.


Summer is for making memories and we've been making a ton of them as we explore our new surroundings. Fishing, hiking, boating, birthdays and visits from family give me plenty of opportunity to click away. 


While I excel at taking tons of pictures actually doing SOMETHING with them proves to be quite the challenge for me. Shutterfly photo books are the perfect solution. I've made vacation books, ABC books for my not so little ones, and gifts for family and friends. 


And I'm thrilled to tell you about a photo contest they are hosting. This week's theme is parties and celebrations and we've done plenty of that this summer. One grand prize winner is going win a trip for four to the Bahamas!  That would be something to celebrate now, wouldn't it?



Go here now to enter. Do not pass go. Do not collect $100. If you're feeling lucky start packing your bags!





Do you take lots of pictures? What do you do with them?

5 comments:

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

I take tons of photos and I am embarrassed to say that they sit on our computer. Once the girls head back to school, I am going to change that though. I want to get some prints up on our walls. We have the space for it. I just need to make it happen.

Galit Breen said...

How fun and exciting is this?!

{I do take a million bajillion pictures, and they mostly sit on our computer. Le sigh. I have some work to do, yes?}

@dkotucker said...

I have to admit I'm not very good at taking pictures. I seem to go in spurts. :(

Good for you for making photobooks. My sister does that too and I absolutely LOVE them!

Jamie Miles said...

That looks wonderful. A trip to the Bahamas. Will have to hop on over there. (To Shutterfly, not the Bahamas. Not yet anyway.)

Fritter said...

They all sit on my computer (or camera card too...) ugh. Maybe someday I will print them off. Every father's day I make one of their books- every year they're awesome!