Saturday, November 24, 2012

Highlights of My Turkey Day

-I didn't have to cook ANYTHING! (when you drive 20 hours roundtrip with three kids for a 2 day visit they give you a pass)

-I didn't have to clean. Before OR after.

-I didn't have to shove my hand up a raw turkey carcass and grab giblets.

- I didn't have to make a million trips to the grocery store for forgotten ingredients.

-I didn't have to foot the bill for the food orgy.

-I didn't have to bake pies-I don't like baking nor do I like eating pies.

- I didn't have to worry about staying sober while cooking.

- I didn't have to make room in the fridge for leftovers.

-I didn't have to eat leftovers.



What were the highlights of your Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I totally hear you, sister. I am thankful every year that I don't have to host our family's food orgy.

Hope you and your family had a great holiday!

Lance said...

we had 11 people at our house and no one argued. My wife and mother in law cooked some amazing food. I ate so much pumpkin pie that I called a rehab clinic. i watched a lot of football and worked on my novel.

it was great