Thursday, February 21, 2013

Overwhelmed

Life has been kicking my ass lately.

I kept thinking things would improve dramatically if I could FINALLY get some sleep. I kept telling myself it was because I was exhausted. Everything is magnified when you are sleep deprived. I finally went in for a physical and started Ambien. The first few nights were AMAZING and I felt like a new person. I had the energy, brain power and patience to make it through the day. Not only was I surviving but I was thriving. 

Somewhere along the way that vanished into thin air. I am EXHAUSTED and things are falling apart around me. I cannot seem to keep up with ANYTHING. My car is a wreck. We don't have clean socks. We ate pancakes and corndogs and canned soup for dinner last night. My lunch consisted of gnawing on beef jerky and guzzling a coke in the Kmart checkout. Peanut is growing out of her clothes overnight and I don't have the time or energy to shop.

I know this is all a part of life but I am just not coping with it very well right now.

Linking up with Shell


5 comments:

SkyMommy said...

Not sleeping is the worst. I swear it makes everything harder. I hope you can find a way to feel rested soon.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I totally understand what you are saying about sleep. When I am sleep deprived, everything else is twice as hard! And I also have stacks of dirty laundry all around me and stack of clean unfolded laundry all around me! One day, it will get folded, or not...

Unknown said...

Sometimes the best thing you can do is NOTHING. Take a do nothing except relax day. It works!

@dkotucker said...

Sending big ((({}))) your way my friend.

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put
this short article together. I once again find myself personally spending
a lot of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was
still worthwhile!

Feel free to surf to my web blog: this website