1. I am thankful that I could attend Stinkbug's first flag football game on Saturday. Outside of touchdowns I don't have the slightest idea about football. I do know when my kid is having the time of his life though. He declared that he will DEFINITELY be playing in college.<<He is six and a half..the half being extremely important.
2. I spent a much needed evening with friends tonight--eating, talking, laughing until my sides hurt. Four moms and ten kids ranging in age from three to fifteen who got along wonderfully. I am thankful for friends who get me.
3. I am thankful for the chance to view life from another person's perspective. Friday I spent several hours assisting a young mom (with another on the way) get clothing vouchers and food boxes. Spending hours selecting baby outfits and searching desperately for maternity clothing at the thrift store changes how you see things.
4. I am thankful for Pizza Fridays. Between working, parenting and life in general I am spent by the end of the work week so we are re-visiting a family tradition. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed that the six year old and I ate half of a large pizza by ourselves
5. I am thankful my ten year old daughter introduced me to Dear America books. I love that we can read & talk about them.
6. I am thankful for the beauty of autumn. We have the most gorgeous red plant/bush in front of the house.
7. Though we are separated by more than a thousand miles, I am thankful I was able to talk to my dad this week. No matter how old I am, I will always be a Daddy's Girl.
8. We were "booed" by our neighbors on Thursday. I am thankful to live in a welcoming neighborhood.
9. I've been having sleep issues on and off for years but it has really gotten worse these last two years.I am thankful for open windows, cool breezes and fans this past week which have helped me get some ZZZZZZZZZs.
10. Clean socks. I am thankful that two of the three kids have socks I can borrow.