Sunday, August 21, 2011

Things that have gone wrong Part 1

Sometimes it feels like the universe is conspiring against me. Yankee left last Friday morning  ( NINE DAYS AGO! NINE!) and within 20 minutes of his departure I needed him.

You see after I wiped my tears and comforted my darling children I strolled into my room flipped on the light and

ZAP! BAM! POW!

No I did not get electrocuted and thanks for caring.

The light bulb went out which would seem like a quick fix..replace the damn bulb. If only it were that easy! You see we have a fabulous master bedroom with huge, sloping ceilings. They are tall..very tall. Like stand on my tall bed and stretch and I would still need a person to stand on my shoulders (and where am I gonna find that? And who am I kidding I am NOT strong enough to support the weight of another person)

and the ceiling fan and pathetic excuse for a light bulb that went out in my time of need that needs replacing is high VERY HIGH off the ground.

And I am scared of heights. VERY. VERY. VERY.

I try not to be but it is what it is.  Replacing the light bulb would require me to haul in the massive eight foot ladder, climb up on it and teeter on the edge with a fragile bulb in my hand.

I think we are just going to sit here in the dark.


No comments: