I am tired of pretending it's ok. Tired of minimizing it. Living apart is sucking the life out of me. I can't stop to think about it because I probably won't get up again. Except for 2004 this is the first Thanksgiving in 16 years that I have spent apart from Big Yankee. It's his favorite holiday and he was missing. He was fortuante to be invited to several Turkey day events which I am sure he enjoyed but it wasn't the same. Brother in law didn't deep fry a turkey. I didn't make our chorizo and cornbread stuffing b/c while other ppl eat it he LOVES it. It's "our dish". I didn't make sweet potato casserole either. I know there are so many people with empty seats at the table this year...seats that will never be filled again. I hate feeling like I am feeling sorry for myself for this life we must live now.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.