Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Seven

Every (well ALMOST) week I do a Saturday Seven post of a variety of topics. I talk about mad crushes of my youthexciting weekend plans things I learned on vacation and all kinds of stimulating topics.

There is so much amazingness out there in the blogosphere and I want to share what I love! So this week's Saturday Seven are my favorite reads of the week. Who knows maybe it will become a regular feature.

Here there are-in no particular order:

1. A fantastically brave post by The Mommy Padawan that broke my heart and made me so angry. You must read I Have My Reasons.

2. Before It Slips Away reminded me of the importance of writing their stories. Katie, or Chicken Noodle Gravy as I call her in my head, provides such vivid details.

3. My husband and I have lived in a commuter marriage for 17 months and I can totally relate to the  loneliness Bridget describes but I would never pretend to know what it feels like to have the man you love, the father of your children, risking his life for our country. How Deployment Feels gives us a glimpse into that world.

4. Jenni takes brave, raw honesty to a new level in this post. Whether you agree with it or not you SHOULD read it.

5. Kristen lives inside my head..either that or she has spy cameras in my house. I'm a classic middle child so It's Not Easy Being The Oldest made me step back and appreciate my son's perspective.

6. I like to think of Kimberly as the little sister I never had. Her thank you to her husband was the sweetest, most romantic thing EVER.

7. Mayor Gia is hysterical. I know I can always count on her to make me laugh. She leads us to believe she is not terribly helpful but I beg to differ.

No comments: