I've had mixed feelings about this week since the idea was presented to be a few months ago. My in-laws wanted the kids to spend a week with them in California. They've never spent that much time away from both of us and it's not like we can meet half-way and pick them up if they get homesick. Once they leave there's no going back. As the summer days have passed and the kids have yet to make friends in our new city I felt the walls closing in on me. We spend every minute together, or so it seems. And that coupled with a year and a half of solo parenting has me clinging to my sanity.
For the last few weeks I've been anticipating my staycation. Honestly, I've spent the last year and a half fantasizing about all the things I would do if I had some time alone-if I had a break from responsibility. I was desperate to do what I wanted when I wanted. And now it's time.
his was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
- Link up your post Jana's Thinking Place.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.