1. It's been a few years since I was carded. Ok it's possible it may have been slight more than a FEW years.
2. Big hair is no longer a thing which is so very disappointing for me as I was born with naturally big hair.
|Despite it's resemblance to a mug shot this is actually in front of my dorm room. Some|
of the guys didn't believe me when I said I could make my hair bigger than their afros.
3. I don't know anyone's phone number-including my own and we don't have a landline.
4. Instead of passing notes, writing letters or calling long distance I send snarky texts to my bff all day long.
5. My kids had no idea what a pay phone was until we went to a telephone museum in the pioneer village at the amusement park. I last remember using a pay phone nine years ago when this happened.
7. Back in the day the worst thing one kid could do to another is threaten "you're not invited to my birthday party!" Now there are way too many ways for kids to be cruel to each other including cyber bullying.
8. When I moved across country in seventh grade, we made friends in the neighborhood, at the park and through community activities. When we moved across country in June, I finally managed to connect with an online mom's group of complete strangers that I eventually met in person.
9. Back in my day we would go to BlockBuster to rent a vcr and movies for a birthday slumber party. People just didn't have that kind of technology at home. Now my kids watch NetFlix, Ondemand, and one of the hundreds of dvds we have, on multiple viewing devices.
10. We use to circle Christmas gift ideas in the Sears and Roebuck catalog and mail them to Grandma. She would go to the store to place an order, go back to pick up the order and wrap the gifts. Now we make wishlists on Amazon, check giftwrap and enclose card and with the click of a mouse it's en route.