Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Fragments #10

It was intense and kinda brutal around here on Tuesday as we sent off three kids to their brand new schools-where they didn't know a soul. Einstein headed off to join the roving pack of hormonally charged tweens in middle school, Peanut to fourth grade and Stinkbug to full day kindergarten after having spent the last year at home with me. 

To say it was a huge adjustment is an understatement. We did survive the first week and are hoping it gets easier as time goes on. Between that and an out of town trip for work I've not been able to engage in my usual reading frenzy. I didn't even get to read Yeah Write in time to vote this week. In face, I'm STILL not finished reading the grids.

Reading fantastic blog posts must be my superpower because I everything I read oozed fantasticness. Now I'd like to share them with you.

In a very short trip we catch a glimpse of Jacqueline's long time friendship. No description I could give would do it justice. Count yourself lucky if you have a friendship like this and a friend like her.

Rach B poured her heart out about her daughter and what she'll remember. I remember going to bed in tears some nights because of horrific bedtimes, losing my temper and thinking I was failing my children.

The Wondering is a heartbreaking, honest look at how Greta answers questions that no parent should have to face. 

What did you love this week?

8 comments:

Jenn and Casey said...

Here's my favorite of the week. http://kenyagjohnson.com/blog/2012/9/6/green-eggs-tears

Thanks for sharing yours <3 Hope you have a great weekend!!

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

I haven't read Jacqueline's but Rach's and Greta's stuck with me too.
Happy to hear the kids made it through their first week. I hope they are getting know not only their way around but some friends too!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits said...

I love it so much that you do this every week. I can't keep up (my short term memory is shot) but you are AWESOME!

Greta @gfunkified said...

Thank you so, so much, Robbie!

Robbie K said...

Thanks for sharing that. I loved it and Green Eggs & Ham is one of my fave books.

Robbie K said...

Those were fabulous reds weren't they?
Thanks the kids seem to be making friends and getting in the groove.

Robbie K said...

Thanks. I like to share the fantastic that I read.

Robbie K said...

You are most welcome. I imagine it was difficult to write but that you for sharing it with us.