It's strange to think back to a year ago at this time. My world was turned upside down. My husband lived 1200+ miles away and I was struggling to stay afloat as a solo parent. I was ten or 11 weeks in at this point-unsure of how long we would be living apart this time. I never in my wildest dreams imagined it would be nearly ten months before we would live under one roof again. I'd been laid off from my teaching job at the end of May so my job was gone too. It was both a blessing and a curse.
I consider October 2011 to be the official start of my blogging. I'd fired off a post here or there in the previous year but it was October that I started posting consistently. I had NO idea what I was doing. I just started pounding away at the keyboard--or perhaps pecking away in my case-and hit publish. I held my breathe and waited for readers to magically appear. When that didn't happen I rediscovered Twitter and a whole new world opened up. I was oblivious to the enormity of the blogosphere. I didn't have a clue what a link-up was or how they worked. Did you have to be invited? Did you have to apply?
And with that the timer goes off.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post here.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.