Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wordy Wednesday

We did not manage to take first day of school pictures this year. We were running late and I was curling beautifully long, thick hair and the boys were in the van yelling about it being time to go. We planned on taking pictures AR school but then we went out for ice cream like we do every year on the first day and I spilled chocolate fudge on my shirt and we went back home in separate cars because I had left work to meet them at Daisy's Old Fashioned Ice Cream parlor and then we started unpacking boxes and StinkBug's friend  came over to play and I had to make an appetizer for Book Club and Big Yankee had to make an emergency Best Buy run and grill some burgers and sign some agendas and course syllabus and when I got home everyone was in bed and so I have no photographic evidence of this milestone.

I do have some photos from my Dad's visit.


 Peach and strawberry shortcake from our Farmer's Market Bounty


Some of us hiked all the way up here. Some of us hiked part way up. Some of us enjoyed the view from the picnic table.


Helping a brother out


Nature


A rare photo of all three


My Boys


And there you have it folks my Wordy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Tamara Camera said...

That's a pretty great idea.. to go out for ice cream on the first day. I'm looking for a happy tradition.

@dkotucker said...

Mmmmmmmm....that peach and strawberry shortcake looks AMAZING!!! *drooling*

Best way to start the school year! These are waaaay better photos anyways. :D

Alison said...

I love the idea of ice cream on the first day of school!