Monday, January 30, 2012

Something For Me

If you saw this then you know I WON! My friend @jillsom who writes Yeah. Good Times even created an award for me!

Here it is Monday morning and I now have 42 posts in my drafts folder. And yet I have nothing ready to publish today. And I'm okay with that because I was busy taking care of myself. I think I've forgotten how to do that.

Yesterday after I had a meltdown because of the damn smoke alarm I managed to pull myself together and hit the track at the rec center. I had begged my neighbor to save my sanity and take the two little monkeys. It was only 35 minutes but it made a world of difference. I hit the grocery store and even remembered some stuff Einstein needs for school. We enjoyed a nice family dinner. There was NO YELLING (including me. YEAH ME!) during the homework, bath, books, bed routine.

In the midst of all that I got a text requesting a house showing. I surveyed my castle, which was a wreck, took a deep breath and texted back "ACCEPT." And then I took a shower and went to bed. No computer. No Freaking Out about everything I have to do to get the house ready.

And today I dragged myself outta bed at 5:13 am and walked/ran for 53 minutes. I took deep breaths. I cleared my head. I am ready for the day. Soon I will get the kids up, ready and off to school. StinkBug and I will head into the city (not a big one) for an eye exam, a stop at the Girl Scout office, a trip to Hobby Lobby for Brownie meeting supplies, drive thru the bank, and a few other random errands. I WILL have the house ready and I will figure out what to do with 5 kids for that hour. We will have fun at the Brownie meeting. We will survive another rushed evening of dinner, homework, bedtime. And I will get up tomorrow and do something for me.

What is something you do for yourself?

No comments: