Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pretending Normal

Life has a way of bringing you to a screeching halt.

When I could stop sobbing long enough, I sent a text to Big Yankee.

"So my boob squishing showed some abnormal densities & I have to go back for additional stuff. a little freaked out."

What an understatement.

Sent an email to my people. My girls who have seen me through it all. I feel like I've been selfish and needy. Last week I told them about mom. This week my life might be forever altered.

I have to volunteer in StinkBug's kindergarten class in twenty minutes. Kids don't let tears and red eyes go unnoticed.

Brutal honesty at it's most innocent.

We're suppose to buy soccer cleats after school. Piano lessons, soccer practice and a science fair project that should have been started last week.


And I have to pretend like everything is normal.

**I originally wrote this in February but never hit publish. To read the rest of the story: CallbackSomething MoreRelieved & Soon.



  

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I have a girlfriend that didn't get good news but she made it through it. It was the same day I buried my mom. It was very, very hard and, as her friend, my job was to make it as easy a possible. Shoo away any negative Nancy's and their statistics. While I know it's been months now, I'm hoping things turned out okay. I didn't see anything after Soon. Sending you a big cyber hug!

Jamie Miles said...

I had that scare last year. It is very difficult. But thankfully mine turned out okay too.

Stacie said...

I remember the other posts. Glad it turned out ok! As a breast cancer survivor, I definitely don't want anyone else in the club!

Jen and Tonic said...

SO HAPPY to hear that this turned out okay.

Robbie K said...

Very relieved to get good news. Heartbreaking how many people don't get good news.